Date/Time: Thursday, April 16th - Saturday, April 18th, 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm daily
Place: The Skyline Room at the Tapp’s Arts Center, 1644 Main Street, Columbia, SC 29201
General Admission: Free
Indie Bits is a celebration of independent gaming and interactive media designed to foster collaboration between developers and enthusiasts, academics and artists interested in games and gaming technologies. The showcase of games from across the Southeast will be located in the Skyline Room at the TAPP’s Art Center – with additional video game installations sprinkled amongst your favorite Indie Grits events as well as various opportunities to get involved on the pixelated front. Additionally, there are plans for a life-sized pacman inspired game called GRITman at our opening party. You really couldn’t ask for a more immersive experience (just short of being TRON’d into a computer). The Indie Grits Festival Pass will gain you access to all events at Indie Bits. Stay tuned for more programs and announcements to come!
Why Submit? Indie Bits is the wild, intelligent step-cousin the world renowned Indie Grits Festival has penciled into its family tree. Benefits of acceptance into the Indie Grits family include:
- 2 festival passes
- Access to the private filmmaker lounge (with complimentary food and drink)
- Free transportation to and from the Columbia Metropolitan Airport
- Free access to musical events, late-night parties, and other special programs
- $2,000 worth of awards and prizes
- Guidelines – Desktop, mobile, console, experimental, single-player, multi-player… you name it, we want it. Indie Bits accepts all genres on all platforms, provided the game-maker is from or the work concerns itself with the southeastern United States (South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Texas). If you feel you qualify, download and complete our submission form, found here. March 6th, 2015 is the deadline for submissions–don’t delay!